Screw with a curved triangular section (trilobular), with metric thread for direct screwing into blind or through holes in metal profiles and die-cast alloys, without tapping or using nuts.
HEADS AND RECESSES
The Formex® screws can be produced in a vast range of possible combinations.
More info: heads and recesses
which protrude slightly from the average circumference of the thread and, by deforming the material gradually, create the female screw, performing the threading (without creating shavings) and tightening at the same time.
with a gradually decreasing diameter, with sharp threads that ensure a clean entry and help to create the female screw.
CARBONITRIDING HEAT TREATMENT
More info: heat treatment
Guarantees resistance to rust and corrosion.
More info: finishing treatments
More info: Lubex® lubrication
The MUSTAD Formex® trilobular screws are manufactured in compliance with stricter tolerance limits than those of standard screws. They can therefore be defined ‘calibrated’, i.e. capable of sliding more easily in the guides and loading tubes of the screwing machines.
The set of characteristics illustrated above, together with a fully controlled production process, make the Formex® screws suitable for automated and critical screwing operations.
THE ADVANTAGES OF FORMEX® SCREWS
– Elimination of tapping (no shavings because the female thread is formed by deformation).
– Vibration resistance beacuse of the continuous contact between the screw and the female screw (possible elimination of anti-loosening washers).
– Increase in tightness of the assembly, the fibres of the material are deformed but not cut.
– Possibility of use in thick materials in which self-tapping screws could not be used.
– Lower production costs, no reworking operations.
– Fewer screws necessary for assembly.